How to deal with stress
2022-03-29 21:18:29 【Knowledge hall】
Pressure always exists , Just as we always breathe when we live .
Sometimes we don't feel it , Sometimes it hits like a mountain and a sea , Let's be caught off guard , Or get into anxiety , Even collapse and cry .
Pressure cannot be eliminated , Like our shadows , Because we yearn for light , This is a phenomenon brought about by our nature .
therefore , We have only one way , Is to get along with pressure . Since you want to get along , Just face it .《 Work without anxiety 》 Author Derek · Roger engaged in 35 Anti anxiety research in , In his book, he summed up a formula related to stress ：
anxious = pressure + tangle
Here are the corresponding English words . The word used by the author of anxiety is stress, The pressure is pressure, Tangle with rumination. Some people take stress To cope with the pressure , In fact, the concept is different .
So the real problem is not stress , Because the pressure is external , It's like you're walking , Suddenly someone pushed you . This is stress , And your reaction to this , It can cause anxiety . Our entanglement actually comes from our interpretation of the corresponding thing itself , Although this interpretation is often our wishful thinking . So we fell into anxiety , I can't get out for a long time , Until something else can pull us out of the mud of negative emotions .
Roger tells a wonderful metaphor in his book , When pressure comes , How should we do . He said ： We might as well think of stress as a flood , The flood is coming fiercely , The odds of winning a head-on confrontation are too low . One way is , Open the front and rear doors , Walking up the stairs to the attic , Look at the flood passing through the hall . Of course , Your house should be strong enough , Otherwise it will be washed away directly .
The house is our body and mind , The house is strong , In fact, we are more resilient , English name resilience. let me put it another way , We should cultivate our resilience , This is a habit of thinking , Or mind , Roger summed up the four steps , Namely ： Wake up the - focus - Detached - Release . Let's see 《 Work without anxiety 》.
Related to this is another book called 《 Too, 》, English name Grit, It's a little close to toughness , Perseverance , It also contains a kind of toughness .
But that's not enough , The knowledge points of psychology often correspond to those in brain science . At this point of stress , also .
《 Efficiency brain science 》 It devoted a chapter to how to keep calm under pressure . The reason for the unrest is very direct , Is that our limbic system is awakened , And this awakening is extremely easy . The limbic system contains the amygdala 、 The hippocampus, And so on , The amygdala is associated with the intensity of our emotions , The hippocampus is related to our memory of the past . When you quarrel with your partner , Maybe the other party will mention Chen sesame and rotten millet , This shows that the other party's hippocampus is very dedicated . The result is likely to be , You fall into a cold war or fall out .
therefore , This explanation of brain science , In fact, it gives us an idea , That is to reduce the activity of the limbic system .
First , We need to understand why the limbic system is easy to wake up . It's simple , We need to live , The limbic system is one of the survival mechanisms . The mood is coming , It means you feel pressure , It will affect your behavior . At this point, you have at least two choices , One is to release emotions , Second, suppress emotions .
But the author provides a third solution , That is, change cognition , Regulate the mood .
say concretely , Marking method and evaluation method .
Tagging , Is to use a word to describe your emotions , Or in a word , The emotion of being spoken out , Its strength will soon decrease , The activity of the limbic system decreases , For thinking 、 understand 、 The bandwidth of decision-making increases , The prefrontal cortex becomes more active , We will become a little more rational .
Evaluation method , seeing the name of a thing one thinks of its function , It's actually a new look at stress related events . You can reposition it , Can give it a new value ranking , You can see him for a longer time , All in all , Look at it from a different perspective . Is this self deception ？ Is not important , Our brains have their own little temper , You have to coax him .
Besides , There is also a book on stress reduction , It's called 《 Decompression brain science 》, Tell us to cry when we are under pressure 、 Bask in the sunshine 、 motion , This is useful , But I admire the Japanese , Such a simple thing can write a Book .
I once met a teacher , He told me the story of his father . After cancer , His father made his own living plan , No surgery , Just take medicine to suppress , Plus the improvement of lifestyle , Also continued to live for many years . If you concentrate on killing cancer cells , The result is hard to predict .
The same goes for stress , We act as receptors , As long as it's normal , You will feel the pressure . Whether it's exercising resilience , Or reduce the activity of the limbic system , It's all about getting along with stress . Psychology and brain science , It gives us a lot of enlightenment in this regard .
- We'll be better -- reading the report in February 2022
- A book that changed my reading attitude
- Where does the thinking of money come from—— Reading notes of rich dad and poor dad
- 圆桌预告 | 3月10日晚8点，@王沛老师：在阅读中做到深度学习
- Roundtable Preview @ Xiaosha: how to use mind mapping knowledge card to build an efficient learning system at 8 p.m. on March 11
- 圆桌预告 | 3月12日晚8点，@豆小姐说：疫情之下难得的暂停，来一场高效断舍离
- Round table forecast at 8 p.m. on March 12, @ Miss Dou said: it's a rare pause under the epidemic, and there's an efficient cut-off
- 圆桌预告 | 3月14日20:00，@张凯老师：如何快速阅读一本书
- Round table preview at 20:00 on March 14, @ Mr. Zhang Kai: how to read a book quickly
- What is the meaning of life
- What do ordinary people gain from reading a book suitable for entrepreneurs?
- 费曼读书法 读书笔记
- Watching "growth structure" let me know how to achieve good growth
- Feynman reading method reading notes
- 02 what are the methods or skills in key dialogue to help us communicate correctly
- Mr. toad goes to see a psychologist: to understand yourself and heal yourself (Mr. toad goes to see a psychologist) book review
- We need to have "the courage to be hated"
- 读书笔记 |《阅读蒙田，是为了生活》2
- Reading notes reading Montaigne is for life 2
- Un conte de fées que les adultes devraient lire.
- After reading cognitive Awakening
- Known as the God of Japanese business, Kazuo Inamori, why is his book worth recommending?
- Book review of 10 times faster growth
- The road to abstraction ~ ~ "behavioral design" reading notes
- Breakpoint reading: it's time to give your reading method a real revolution!